Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

Pivot Table - arranging two subsets of expressions

Good evening (at least it is here),

I have a pivot table (see attached) with two columns showing names of physicians and their medical specialty (e.g. general surgery). And then a column of much more densely packed rows summarizing their activity for a period of time (how many admissions, how many Emergency Department visits, how many UrgentCare visits).

I want to add another densely packed chunk of rows to the right of that showing the count of those activities for each physician's specialty. So that a viewer can compare one physician's activity with that physician's peers.

I'm having trouble with both the calculation and the displaying of it.

See qvw attached.

Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The specialty counts will look like:

=count(TOTAL <Specialty> CountAdmitting)

But I think what you are asking for is to have two columns of expressions. What you will need to do is add a dimension (lets call it Head1) that will have values 'Physician' and 'Specialty'. You could use an inline load like:

Head1:

LOAD * Inline

[

Head1

Physician

Specialty

];

Add the dimension to the pivot and drag this dimension  to the top of the pivot, and then edit your expressions like this:

=If(Head1 = 'Physician',  count(CountAdmitting),

count(TOTAL <Specialty> CountAdmitting))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The specialty counts will look like:

=count(TOTAL <Specialty> CountAdmitting)

But I think what you are asking for is to have two columns of expressions. What you will need to do is add a dimension (lets call it Head1) that will have values 'Physician' and 'Specialty'. You could use an inline load like:

Head1:

LOAD * Inline

[

Head1

Physician

Specialty

];

Add the dimension to the pivot and drag this dimension  to the top of the pivot, and then edit your expressions like this:

=If(Head1 = 'Physician',  count(CountAdmitting),

count(TOTAL <Specialty> CountAdmitting))

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got that to work. Thank you so much!