Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Pivot problem for adding another dimension

Hello, I have simple logic to show in Pivot Table. I hope this is lot make sense. But, I got stuck there. I am sure, everyone seems this is easy but very difficult. We don't like even work around. Can we get any inputs from you one and all.

Coming to Task,

I have simple inline table, And then i have created two Pivot objects which one called Sum and another one called Average we can say and then I want to merge those into single along with Expectation

Hope clear, I've this. I remind you all i don't want any work around. In future, If i want to move that pivot to anyplace it should move all left of Text objects.

Final.PNG

And I want this, From above i want to take Product wise for Avg Sales, For Ref attachment

Expected Final Table.PNG

Note: Please assist me, if we can do same thing in Qlikview. Ideas are more gain and i would love too

I've enclosed my file. Please work on that. If some one Don't have License please free to ask i will create one Word document for them

Best,

ANIL

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
12 Replies
sunny_talwar

I learnt this from kush141087‌, not sure I know if there is any other way of doing it. But getting feedback from johnw‌ or marcowedel‌ won't harm. But these guys usually show up late evening EST. So, you are more than welcome to keep this thread open for their opinions

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

As of now, I've close the thread. If some one can help then we may use those into. Exploding is more gain

Thanks Sunny, adding few recommendations.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here are a couple approaches to what I think we're looking for without using to set analysis or calculated dimensions. Sheet1 just adds a dimension and sets it up like a regular pivot table, with the grand total collapsed since we don't care about product details for that. That's how I'd probably do it. Sheet2 is somewhat more complicated to set up the data for, but doesn't require us to collapse anything, and doesn't let the users expand or collapse.