Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table - Hide/show columns

Hello all

I am trying to figure out how to solve the following.   

1.  Salesperson sells an item that belongs to a group and a subgroup.

2.  The result is to be shown in a pivot table and the totals for items should only be showed for specific group and subgroup.

Note, them item is calculated from various information on the fly in the pivot table.

I have tried to use the Conditional property but I have not been able to get it to work.  My value there needs to be calculated somehow and I haven't been able to figure out the right way.  In the real data there are about 10 calculated values and multiple groups/subgroups. 

Any help would be much apreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Slight change in Mr.Vlad Gutkovsky , to satisfy your requirement

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Unfortunately that's not possibe with a pivot table. Any expression you add to a pivot results in a column for every value of the dimensions used for columns (like your Group and Subgroup).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well...normally Gysbert would be correct, but it seems from the Excel example you posted that you have only 1 expression? So you in fact want to conditionally show dimensions, not expressions, which is possible--that's exactly how QV's associative logic works by default. By the way, let's not use the language "conditionally show" since in QlikView that means that a dimension/expression itself is shown/not-shown in all cases.

I'd like to post an example, but first can you clarify what you mean when you say that the item is calculated on the fly?

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the answers.

I have about 10 expressions and the items I am referring to are the expressions.  So I only want to show a certain expression for a certain group and subgroup.        

regards

einar

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Please post a reduced example.

Not applicable
Author

Please find an exampla attached.

Lets say that here

Item 1 and Item 2 should only be visible for A-X and A-Y

Item 3 only visible for B-V and B-Z

regards

einar

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Nothing was attached...

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I attached it to my original post.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

See attached for a simple example of how this can be done.

Regards,

Vlad

MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Slight change in Mr.Vlad Gutkovsky , to satisfy your requirement

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.