Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Pivot table in Report

Hello, i need to insert in a report a pivot table, but i have noticed that is not possible to set the height and the column to be displayed.

If i insert the table, it is not showed properly and the field are too small.

How can i solve this, in order to show a table in an optimal format to print without modifying the table outside the report?

Thanks

Marco

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

In the report-editor you could try to change the object-properties (original, maximize ..) and use the tab position for sizing and position (drag'n drop is awful). But often you could only achieve a passable report if you used special report-objects (in a hidden sheet) which looks awful within the sheet but work in the report.

- Marcus

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks

Marco

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Another question, to add a generic table to a report is only necessary to drag and drop it in the report, but when i do this, something wrong appens:

Immagine.png

The table remains in the black rectangle of the white space.

What can i do?

Thanks

Marco

marcus_sommer

This meant that the table-content with the place-holder from report didn't fit well. I think you will need to select your data so that they fit to the space from place-holder.

If you want to show more data you have to increase this place-holder and/or you used a report with multi-page data-sheets and/or you used a selection-loop through certain fields (option in report-properties).

- Marcus

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have used the same drag and drop method for an other table with more data, but the table has been inserted with a subset of data instead.

What do you intend for selection loop?

Marco

marcus_sommer

You could loop through a field like area or categorie and for each possible field-value will be created an own report. This meant you will be able to use a report-structure with one or two reports with high consolidated data and then many reports on a more detailed level.

But if you have to create many reports you should have a look on tools like NPrinting which provide more quality and are easier to use but it won't be for free.

- Marcus

marco_puccetti
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Ok just solved, the black part is the active table so if i enlarge that part it will show the table.

So an other question, if is there a table that has more rows and i need to paginate it, how can i do?

Thanks

Marco

marcus_sommer

Within the report-properties there is a tab header/footer with a lot of options.

- Marcus