Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table totals and column references

Hi All,

I have a simple requirement which i hope you can help me with. The application was developed by a client and i'm trying to find the simplest solution.

See the pivot table below:

error loading image

In column 6, 'Est Cost to Complete', I want to show only the positive values from the formula Column(8) - Column(5).

The existing formula is:

if(Column(8) - Column(5) < 0,0,Column(8) - Column(5))

You can see the pivot totals do not show the total of the values in the column, rather the expression is also performed at the total level.

Does anyone have a solution?

FYI

Column 8 formula is : sum(EHHBudget)

Column 5 formula is :

Sum({$<FinYear=, Month=>} if(ProjectTranDate >= '01/01/2010',ProjectTranAmount)) + Sum({$<FinYear=, Month=>} if(left(ProjectCode,4) = '70EH',POLineCommitmentAmount))

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Matt,

As a quick suggestion I'd use for colum 6

If([Restart Budget] - [Total Costs to Date] < 0, 0, [Restart Budget] - [Total Costs to Date])

to refer the row rather than using the whole column.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

I tried the formula and found the same result as the screenshot attached in the original post.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Matt,

I got you wrong, you will need to play with dimensionality() function in your expression to show the grand total with different sums. Something like

If(dimensionality() = 0, sum(something), If(Column(8) - Column(5) < 0, 0, Column(8) - Column(5))

Dimensionality() allows you to write depending on the level of expressions.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

It looks as if i can achieve the same with the rowno() function in this instance as dimensionality(), however it looks like a powerful function.

I'm not sure how to use it to sum the ordinary lines and ignore the total line calculation.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Matt,

As I suggested in the sample code above, you will have to use a conditional in each expression where the rows differ from the totals, as I'm guessing you want to keep totals, but to calculate them in a different way.

Regards