Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table turning on/off subtotals per expression

Hi guys,

I have a pivot table with several dimensions and expressions. I am using the subtotals function which shows the totals for every expression used in the pivot table. But some expressions subtotal doesn't makes sense, or not needed for analysis. Is there a way to turn on/off subtotals for each expression? If the answer is yes, then how?

Thank you for your answers!

BR,

T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't turn them off. But you can try using the dimensionality() function to make the text transparent. Click on the + sign in front of the expression, select Text Color and enter an expression like =if(dimensionality()<>3,black(),white(0)). Change the 3 to the value that's appropriate in your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't turn them off. But you can try using the dimensionality() function to make the text transparent. Click on the + sign in front of the expression, select Text Color and enter an expression like =if(dimensionality()<>3,black(),white(0)). Change the 3 to the value that's appropriate in your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

As Gysbert says, no not a real way to turn them off unfortunately, oh how I wish there was!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, it works!