Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table turning on/off subtotals per expression

Hi guys,

I have a pivot table with several dimensions and expressions. I am using the subtotals function which shows the totals for every expression used in the pivot table. But some expressions subtotal doesn't makes sense, or not needed for analysis. Is there a way to turn on/off subtotals for each expression? If the answer is yes, then how?

Thank you for your answers!

BR,

T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't turn them off. But you can try using the dimensionality() function to make the text transparent. Click on the + sign in front of the expression, select Text Color and enter an expression like =if(dimensionality()<>3,black(),white(0)). Change the 3 to the value that's appropriate in your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't turn them off. But you can try using the dimensionality() function to make the text transparent. Click on the + sign in front of the expression, select Text Color and enter an expression like =if(dimensionality()<>3,black(),white(0)). Change the 3 to the value that's appropriate in your chart. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

As Gysbert says, no not a real way to turn them off unfortunately, oh how I wish there was!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, it works!