Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

PivotTable remove expansion sign

Hello

I have a pivot table with several dimensions which should be allowed to be expanded- this is because expanding/collapsing them has no meaning - basically there is only 1 possible value when expanding, so I want them to be expanded always. To set the initial expanded state I click 'Expand all' on that column.

How do I prevent the user from collapsing them?

For instance, imagine a pivot table for sales where I display dimensions for region, customer code, customer name and customer currency. There is always only 1 option for Customer Name and Customer currency. Basically only the Region can be expanded.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

5 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

You can select "Always Fully Expanded" on the Presentation tab. This will however effect all dimensions so not sure its what you want.

m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, this is not what I want.. I want this to be for a specific dimension..

m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Not solved..

iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi everyone,

Does someone know if the issue here can be resolved? We have the same issue - we have to use a pivot to expand some of the values of the first dimension but the rest don't need to have the expansion sign (the little + sign) . Is it possible not to show the + signs on some of the rows and have them only on 2-3 rows?

For example in the table below only LA needs to get expanded to see its components, SA and TA don't have components (Dim2 is null for them) and the expansion sign is good not to be shown for this confuses the end-user.

Dim1, Dim2, Value

LA, LAsub1, 5

LA, LAsub2, 1

SA, ,10

TA, ,7

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Take a look at

http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/tutorial-about-column-visibility/

for an example of expanding without the +/- controls.

-Rob