Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Please tell me below answers

What is performance tuning?

What is null values and types?

What is circular loop?

What is Master calendar?

What is optimizes load?

What is authorization and types?

Please please tell me the definitions as possible examples also...i want exact definitions

Note: Sorry to say if any body hurt don't mine, Don't post the links because i had already searched that links available in qlikview community..

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

HI

for increase performance of application

Reducing data volume. The most common thing I have seen is people keep large amount of historical data in their applications. Maybe we should ask ourselves if it is really necessary to keep 10 years worth of data.Pre-calculating most frequently used expressions. For instance, if lots of charts are about Last Year Sales, instead of using on-the-fly calculation to dynamically figure out last year’s sales, maybe we should populate a new Last Year Sales field in the data model. Sometimes these expressions can be pre-calculated as flags;

Avoid big listboxes or tables boxes. Believe it or not, many people put listboxes or table boxes with millions of rows on the QlikView interface without know the tremendous system resources these objects consumes;

Thanks

Girish

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I think your questions are a bit too generic in order to be able to give you any good answer. You will get better answers if you keep one question/topic per community thread, and also specify the context in which your question comes from. It is is a bit much to ask for an exact answer, when the question is very vague.

For example I think you know that performance tuning in general means that you improve performance of something by optimizing settings. To give you any sort of detail on such a questions you would have to specify what the performance issue is that you are trying to resolve.

For Qlik Sense I would suggest that you use the online help as reference for questions regarding features as functions.

http://help.qlik.com

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Toni for quick reply..Why i am asking exact answers because i am getting ready to the interview..that the reason i am asking exact answers.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Girish for quick reply..Why i am asking exact answers because i am getting ready to the interview..that the reason i am asking exact answers.if possible as interview point of view tell me the answers..

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

My experience from interviews is to read up on relevant things. You will answer interview questions best if you really know what you are talking about, and that is knowledge no one can just hand to you in a sentence or two. 

I doubt that you will find anyone in the community that will take time to repeat things that already have been written. On the other hand I am sure you can find assistance in clarifying in more detail if there are details in the existing material that you do not understand or want to learn more about.

My advise to you is to not try and cheat your interview, but instead study and make it a good interview. Some of the areas you ask for can be found in links below, and then of course use QlikView and try to understand how it works.

Circular References

NULL handling in QlikView

The Master Calendar

Data Types in QlikView

Good Luck with your interview.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Toni.

The content is really very helpful.

Regards,

Kuldeep