Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsteere01
Contributor
Contributor

Pop-up a message a set number of times during open.

We made a change to a dashboard and want to display a pop-up message notifying the users of the changes when they open the dashboard. The catch is, we only want the message to display the first 2 or 3 times they open the dashboard and then stop doing it after that. I may be crazy but I thought there was a simple way of doing this. Any thoughts?

3 Replies
Not applicable

I dont think there is a default option to do that. I have attached an example where it will appear once when the application is opened for the first time and it can be closed by clicking the 'X' near the message.

another suggestion: It can be manipulated to make the message pop back up when the 'X' is clicked again (like on/off)

Not applicable

Hi Larry,

I can think of an alternative. Check the number of times the dashboard is opened in a day. Create the popup that you need and put a show/hide condition that the now() timestamp should be less than a predetermined timestamp for the popup to be displayed. 

lsteere01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the ideas. I thought there was a simple built in function but I guess not.