Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Possible Set Analysis Question

I'm trying to write an expression that looks at the # of returns and the # of sales for each part number, then calculate the sum only if the difference is >0.  I also have a column indicating if it is a return or a sale. 

I can get it to work when the part number is a dimension by using:

if(Sum({< [CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty])>0,Sum({< [CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty]))

(CR is the column that identifies if the record/row is a [CR]Return or [Sales]Sale.)

Example:  If part xxx had 5 returns, 10 sales, the difference would be -5.  I need this to be omitted from the overall total.

If part yyy had 10 returns, 5 sales, then the difference would be 5.  I need this to be included in the overall sum.

I can't get an overall sum of the records that are >0 without including the part number as a dimension.  It gives me a sum, but adds all of the returns and sales, then subtracts the sales from returns.

I've worked with this for quite some time, inserting [Part number] hoping it would perform the calculation for each row.  It simply sums both categories (CR and Sales) and gives me the difference.

=if(Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty])>0,Sum({< [CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty]))

How do I get an expression to work with each record/row without using a dimension, then include only the records/rows that meet the criteria in another expression?  What am I missing or doing wrong?

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

it seems to me you could solve with the aggr function

sum(aggr(yourexpression, [Part Number]))

https://community.qlikview.com/docs/DOC-3857

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you, Massimo.  It feels like this is the solution.  At the same time, I cannot get it to work.  Does the syntax look correct?

sum(aggr(Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty])>0,Sum({< [CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty]), [Part Number]))  does not provide a sum.

sum(aggr(Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'CR'} >} [Qty])-Sum({< [Part Number] = ,[CR] = {'Sales'} >} [Qty])>0, [Part Number])) gives me a sum, but it is much lower than what it should be.