Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Possible issue with variable when storing a file

hi guys,

I need some expert advice here...I have never seen anything like this happening...for this kind of statement.

I have a model that writes a table out as a csv file.

The statement I use to write it is:

store Final into $(vQVData)\$(vProductSN)_$(vEventDate).csv(txt) - where Final is a Table...

I sometimes get the following error...and usually with the same file - 

(System error: Filesystem::FindImpl FindFirst call: Incorrect function: "C:\Users\f4645332\OneDrive - FRG\Documents\Documents\A DIGITAL\QVData\A Test")
2020-09-03 09:07:26 2924 store APP_DDA25 into C:\Users\f4645332\OneDrive - FRG\Documents\Documents\A DIGITAL\QVData\A Test\Monthly\APP_DDA25_202008.csv(txt)

The file in Question, APP_DDA25_202008.csv(txt) , contains only headings.

What bugs me about this is that I read many of these (empty) files - why is only this one giving an error?

Oddly enough - if I remove my variable (vQVdata) and place the entire url - it works....so I'm guessing it has to do with the dollar expansion?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

As fas as the full-path contained spaces or any kind of special chars the full-path needs to be wrapped. Therefore try:

store Final into [$(vQVData)\$(vProductSN)_$(vEventDate).csv] (txt)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Can you show the variables formula?

QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

vQVData = 'C:\Users\f4645332\OneDrive - FRG\Documents\Documents\A DIGITAL\QVData\A_TEST'

vProductSN = 'ABC_99'

vEventDate = date(floor(monthend(addmonths(Today(),-1))), 'YYYYMMDD')

Thank you

marcus_sommer

As fas as the full-path contained spaces or any kind of special chars the full-path needs to be wrapped. Therefore try:

store Final into [$(vQVData)\$(vProductSN)_$(vEventDate).csv] (txt)

- Marcus

QFanatic
Creator
Creator
Author

Awesome Marcus, you're a star!