Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Possible to reload scripts on the server?

Hi,

I have my last day before my holidays today and of course something is going wrong ...

I have created an app in QlikView, a Forecast that one of the core teams here on site needs daily. I am trying to automate that using a tool we have, but I want to also implement some quick solution just in case I  can't get it straight today - I told a colleague to get the QlikView_client installed (has to be done by IT) and showed him how to open and reload the app locally and export the straight_table to Excel.

Well, something happened in the meantime, I don't know, but he doesn't have the client yet ... So I wonder - and that is my question - is there any possibility for a user with a Named_CAL to reload an app through the browser? (a solution that I can implement in just one or two hours, that's understood, for I have more things to finish today, I don't want to leave any open holes ...)

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

As per my knowledge Named user doesn't have the privilege to reload the QVW in server.

You could try adding a button to trigger the task, if you need to restrict it for only one user than hide the button based on the QV user

View solution in original post

6 Replies
avinashelite

As per my knowledge Named user doesn't have the privilege to reload the QVW in server.

You could try adding a button to trigger the task, if you need to restrict it for only one user than hide the button based on the QV user

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Avinash,

I only remember having tried, at one point, to get that running - I had built something like a database in QlikView, but it ultimately failed because I couldn't have dealt out so many Named_CALs.

I also think it won't work - I cannot run a task on the server, I don't have that privilege myself - few people do, that is the general limitation ...

OK, I'll just hope the guys will get it straight to install the client on his machine today - I told him to download it beforehand, so it should be a question of minutes ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What I would suggest is that you create a batch file, which will reload the qlikview application on server using (EDX).

Its a simple 2 line code.

Show user how to execute batch file and you are done.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Opening the document in server (ie via the portal, or via "open in server' in the desktop client) always opens the document in USER mode.

You cannot perform reloads directly in user mode, but you could trigger an EDX event to get the reload performed (assuming you have a task configured in QV publisher or server). You can find quite a lot of information about EDX by searching the community, if you are interested.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Jonathan,

well, I'd love to work my way into that matter, it sounds interesting enough.

The thing is just, I cannot do anything much on the server, it really is a joke - like you're working for a mayor hauling company, but all you're allowed to do is sit behind the wheel and watch what's happening ...

That is also one of the handicaps I'm struggling with in trying to find a new job in QlikView - there's so much I do not know just because during the last years I could not try it out - I couldn't test any of the many fancy add-ons there are for QlikView etc. 😉

Thank you anyway! I'll just try to get it sorted today.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Luckily EDX does not require much on the server, but it does require a service account with reload rights, so you may not get it done immediately.

Best of luck and have a good holiday!

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein