Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Postgres tables not recognized

I am working with a data warehouse that uses Postgres and relies heavily on materialized views.  Out of the box, the ODBC driver did not recognize the materialized views, so that was not an option.  I moved on to using OLE DB.  I followed the installation instructions to the T and all of the tables and views were listed.  I thought my problems were solved.

However, whenever I choose either a table or view and then click Reload, I get the following error:

ErrorSource: PGNP, ErrorMsg: Undefined table ace.v_traffic_org_app_daily

SQL SELECT * FROM ace."v_traffic_org_app_daily"

ace is the name of the database I'm connecting to.  v_traffic_org_app_daily is a view, but I'm having the same problem with tables as well.  The quotation marks were added by QlikView.  I tried removing them as well as removing the preceding "ace", but that didn't work as well.

I'm totally stuck until I solve this.  I'm not able to see any of the data in my data warehouse at this time.

2 Replies
erivera10
Creator
Creator

I found a solution for this error, reinstall, reboot, did many things and many assumptions methods, but what worked for me after analyzing the code I found the error.

When you load a table shows you the code by default.

SQL SELECT *

FROM testing."public"."sale_order_line";

The solution is as follows:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "public"."sale_order_line";

Good luck.

Encontré una solución para este error, reinstale, reinicie, hice muchas cosas y muchos supuestos metodos, pero lo que me funcionó después de analizar el código encontre el error.

Cuando tu cargas una tabla te muestra este código por default.

SQL SELECT *

FROM testing."public"."sale_order_line";

La solución esta así:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "public"."sale_order_line";

Buena suerte.

erivera10
Creator
Creator

With odbc driver works perfectly.