Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarathi_pm
Contributor II
Contributor II

PptObject.Visible = False ---not working in macro

Hi,

I am working on a project where i am exporting the Qlikview charts into powerpoint slides. The code works the way i want. But the problem is the Powerpoint window is kept open when the qlikview macro writes the data to powerpoint. I want the powerpoint to be invisible so that the user doesnt see the slides getting generated.

I tried setting the powerpoint object visible = false, but the code fails in that line.

Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")

objPPT.Visible = False ' Code fails here

Does anyone have any workaround or a method in which the powerpoint is hidden when the whole macro is running?

Thanks

Sarathi

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I see on the web that you can't set PPT to visible=false and then select things.

The article says that you can open PPT without a window, though.

vbscript - How can I programmatically open Powerpoint without seeing the window? - Stack Overflow

sarathi_pm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the link Michael Woolf. It helped.

Now i am not able to see the powerpoint window opened. But i am facing another issue.

My code loops through the powerpoint slides and opens the chart data (the excel behind the chart) and updates the data in the excel.

After implementing what you have suggested, the powerpoint window is invisible, but the excel window pops up .

Any idea how to suppress the excel window to be invisible?

Thanks

Sarathi