Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Preceding Load with A NOCONCATENATE LOAD

Hi All

I've loaded a temporary detail table then perfromed a left joined to move some header data into the deatil table.

I now need to do a NOCONCATENATE LOAD . Within the NONCOCATENATE LOAD I perform some calculations using the data moved to the detail table.

I now want to perform additional logic using the calculations in a preceding load.

My question is can I do a preceding load with a NOCONCATENATE LOAD as in the attached example?

I'm not able to connect to a server to test it. If it isn't proper syntax, I'm going to need to code it differently for tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rich

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Rich,

Is is possible to do the calculations in the same load without needing a preceding load? If you need to create a new field, you can do that in the table you are loading.

Anyway, something like the following should work

Data:LOAD * INLINE [ID, Code1, A2, B3, C]; OtherData:NOCONCATENATE LOAD ID AS ID2, // Prefix here Code AS Code2, Repeat(Code, 5) AS Name;LOAD *RESIDENT Data;

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Rich,

Is is possible to do the calculations in the same load without needing a preceding load? If you need to create a new field, you can do that in the table you are loading.

Anyway, something like the following should work

Data:LOAD * INLINE [ID, Code1, A2, B3, C]; OtherData:NOCONCATENATE LOAD ID AS ID2, // Prefix here Code AS Code2, Repeat(Code, 5) AS Name;LOAD *RESIDENT Data;

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

I see, The NOCONCATENATE LOAD statement is the preceding load.

Best Regards,

Rich

PS: Yes, it is possible to do it in the same load but I would need to repeat detail conditions that can be avoided by the preceding load.