Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prefix Object ID setting or macro ?

Hi All

Here is my first post of many.

We have multiple developers working on the same QVW file, all of our scripts are built external in QVS files and included into QVW, so there is no load script code in QVW, this enables us to use GIT to track changes in QVS files.

This all works fine except that we have to exclude QVWs from our GIT repo due to the following:

• File size on reload, we used to reduce data before but this could fall prey to not reducing data on a 800MB QVW.
  • Unable to track QVW changes as file is binary and GIT does not handle very well.
  • If developer adds new object and commits, other developer can create different object with same object ID and overwrite original developers work.

We tried creating a new folder and appending -prj to the folder name, thus creating all objects as XML files which we can add and track changes effectively in our GIT repo, but we still get the same problem with objects being overwritten with the same Object IDs.

Is there a setting where we can automatically prefix/suffix a unique developer id to the Object ID upon object creation, ie

• CH22 -> DJT_CH22 or CH22_DJT

Hope I made myself clear.

Many thanks

DaveT

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all

We would like to change the Object ID on creation of a new object.

So

• CH22

Would become

• DT_CH22

Is there a way that anyone knows of.

Many thanks

DaveT

Not applicable
Author

I'm having the same problem and have not found a native solution in Qlikview.

I'm using a software that made ​​in C # to be able to rename the application objects