Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prevent autocalendar within in auto-generate script

Is there a way to keep the auto-generated section, but not have it include the creation of the autocalendar logic?

My understanding is that once you "unlock" the auto-generated script you can no longer use data manager to maintain tables and associations.  However, I want to use data manager to manage tables, but I need to customize the autocalendar. 

I added a section in script editor to "drop table autocalendar" then add my own autocalendar definition.  However, this results in

The error occurred here: DROP TABLES statement.

Data has not been loaded. Please correct the error and try loading again.

If I add a autocalendar1 instead, I get doubled up feilds like "autocalendar.Year" and "autocalendar1.Year"

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried to change the field type of your date field in data manager to something different than 'Date' type?

Not applicable
Author

Are you suggesting that I edit the fields that are being derived to not be date, then the auto calendar wont be created...thus I can just make make own calendar in script?

If that is right....I just tried and In data manager I am unable to adjust the type. see screen shot for what I see.  Other fields in the table give a drop down with field type values of "general", "timestamp", "date".

My immediate need, but I was asking more generically, that I need a "hour" field for the autocalendar i.e. "Hour($1) AS [Hour] Tagged ('$axis', '$date', '$qualified');"  but since I can't edit the autogenerated section, I thought if I could not have table made and then I do it in script that would solve it.

Capture.PNG

Digvijay_Singh

You may try creating calculated field using 'Add field/Calculated field' in data manager.  It appears true that once you unlock the script, data manager becomes almost mute.