Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous and Current month data comparison

Good day,

I have the below issue:

On the same dataset,

- Previous month, if the class is not equal to 'Legal'

- Current  month, is class is 'Legal'

- then sum(total_limit)

I have compiled a code, but for some reason I dont think I'm getting it right...

Please assist:

[Temp]:

LOAD class,

card_account_status_code,

prev_card_account_status,

Date(MakeDate(left(info_date,4),mid(info_date,5,2),01), 'YYYY/MM/DD') as [Date],

product,

total,

id_acc

From

C:....\Port\Port_*.qvd

(qvd);

[CurrPrevMonth]:

LOAD *

if(((id_acc = previous(id_acc)) and date(date) <> date(monthstart(date-1) and class = 'Legal'),1,0) as [CurrFlag],

if(((id_acc = previous(id_acc)) and date(date) <> date(monthstart(date-1) and previous(class) <> 'Legal' and upper(left(previous(card_account_status_code),1)<>'C'),1,0) as [PrevFlag]

Resident Temp

Order by id_acc, Date asc;

DROP Table Temp;

then on the front end i did the following:

sum(total)

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share the data behind this script so that we can test it out?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

[Temp]:

LOAD class,

Date(MakeDate(left(info_date,4),mid(info_date,5,2),01), 'YYYY/MM/DD') as [Date],

[CurrPrevMonth]:

LOAD *

if(((id_acc = previous(id_acc)) and date(date) <> date(monthstart(date-1) and class = 'Legal'),1,0) as [CurrFlag],

Qlikview fields are case sensitive. So Date and date are two different fields to Qlikview.

date(monthstart(date-1) <- is missing a closing parenthesis.

date(monthstart(date-1)) returns the last day of the previous month. Is that what you need? Or do you need the first day of the previous month? That is returned by date(monthstart(date,-1)).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the late reply, I want the last day of the previous month

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The data behind is huge about 2G and I cant transfer it to the site

Not applicable
Author

if vMaxDate is having the current date, then you can use

Date(MakeDate(Year(vMaxDate), num(month(vMaxDate)))-1,'YYYY/MM/DD') will give last date of previous month

and

=Date(MakeDate(Year(vMaxDate), num(month(vMaxDate))+1)-1,'YYYY/MM/DD') will give last date of current month