Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous month set analysis help please...

Hi,

I have an expression which works fine for the selected Month to Date however I cannot ssem to get the syntax correct to replicate it for the previous Month to date:

Current working MTD expression:

sum({<[Year]={"$(=Year(Max([Date])))"},[Mnth]={"$(=Month(Max([Date])))"},[Date]={"<=$(=Date(Max([Date]), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"},[Channel]={"Agg"},[Product]={"Motor"},[Sub-Channel]={"*"}>}[Quoted])

[Mnth] is month name eg. Jan, Feb....

I cannot seem to get it to work for the previous month to date based on the date selection and think that it is something to do with the formatting of the result into 'MMM' that I can't seem to get right.

I also have [Month] as month number (1-12)

I have tried using [Month] and applying a -1 to the formula but to no avail.

Many Thanks in anticipation of your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

sum({<[Year]=,Mnth,[Month]=,[Date]={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max([Date]),-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max([Date]),-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"},[Channel]={"Agg"},[Product]={"Motor"},[Sub-Channel]={"*"}>}[Quoted])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

sum({<[Year]=,Mnth,[Month]=,[Date]={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max([Date]),-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max([Date]),-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"},[Channel]={"Agg"},[Product]={"Motor"},[Sub-Channel]={"*"}>}[Quoted])

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That's Great.

Thanks very much.