Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inigoelv
Creator
Creator

Problem Operation with Variables

Hi;

I have a problem with the calcul of two variables in a chart:

V1= Sum({<Linea={"1"}, Codes={"*"}-{"1","20","24","31"}>} Quantity)/60

V2=Count (distinct {<Linea={"1"},Codes={"*"}>}Clave)-Sum ({<Linea={"1"},Codes={"1","20","24","31"}>} Quantity/60)/480

When I calcul in one expresion in a chart:

$((V1)/($(V2)*480)

the memory is exceded in the chart.

The problem is the operation with 480.

When I take out 480, the expression calcul something.

I am interested to make work the expression.

Please, one solution...

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be remove this parenthesis -> $((V1)/($(V2)*480)

$(V1)/($(V2)*480)

inigoelv
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, it does not work.

marcus_sommer

Do you mean with it doesn't work that the result isn't like you expected it or that you yet get an error-messages? I think you should be more explicit by declaring the variables to ensure that your calculations happens in the right order. I mean something like this:

V1:

(Sum({<Linea={"1"}, Codes={"*"}-{"1","20","24","31"}>} Quantity)/60)

V2:

(Count (distinct {<Linea={"1"},Codes={"*"}>}Clave)-(Sum ({<Linea={"1"},Codes={"1","20","24","31"}>} Quantity/60)/480))

and then use these variable-calculations within a table-chart without an expression-name so that you could see within the expression-label how the variables will be evaluated (in cases of memory exceeded reduce the dataset by removing dimensions and selecting to a quite granular level).

- Marcus

inigoelv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus:

Sorry for the not clear message.

At the end the solution was other:

1/480 *$(V1)/($(V2)

I don´t know why if I insert the value at the beginning of the expresion it works.

Best regards,

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If V2 contains an expression that divides by 480, and in your final expression you multiply by 480, can't you just leave out the division/multiplication?

sunny_talwar