Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem on data filtering

Hello everybody,

on attached qvw file you can see a simple table model where the main entity of my star is "Commessa".

Linked to that you can see two worlds, "OrdiniVendita" and "OrdiniAcquisto".

On the file I'm making these operations:

1) "Tipo Commessa" = "SVI". Please note "feb-2015" amount on graph.

2) Next I click "Febbraio 2015" button to apply a date range.

Now I would add to my current selection also this date range information, so that other fields like "Clienti" and "Fornitori" could filter accordingly. I'm doing this by adding a trigger event on "vDataOrdDa" and "vDataOrdA" variables and going to filter OAR_ORD_DATA_ORDINE and OVR_ORD_DATA_ORDINE fields by their values.

After button click now I have another amount in feb-2015 for the two mentioned worlds, because system removed the "Commessa" belonging just to one world, or in other words leaving just the "Commessa" in common.

I can't figure out how to mantain correctly separated total amounts and Clienti/Fornitori fields lists after date range selection.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--

Marco Pikiri

2 Replies
malini_qlikview
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Marco,

Just trying to understand what output you required,

Are you looking for data filtered for SVI commesse and the same applied to two date fields(seperate) OVR_ORD_DATA_ORDINE and OAR_ORD_DATA_ORDINE for a selected period say feb 2015?

If so on the variable event trigger instead of the select in field which you have given

select in field Periodo and Search string =Date(vDataOrdDa,'MMM-YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Malini,

I was afraid of not being clear.

Anyway the solution you suggested is not the right one because after pressing the "Febbraio 2015" button I don't see "Fornitori" and "Clienti" boxes update their selectable values (because on feb-2015 period there are less "OrdiniVendita" and "OrdiniAcquisto" rows than the total, and the same must be for "Fornitori" and "Clienti" entities).

In fact in the table model "Periods" is unlinked with the rest of tables, so applying a particular selection to it doesn't affect any other data in the file, and this is wanted.

I'm thinking it's a modelling problem of data, but don't know how to adjust it.

Thanks and best regards.

--

Marco Pikiri