Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem suppress zero-values

Good morning!

I have a database with some Null values. I worked on this data to show when values is Null “Data not identified”. To make this result I used function IF(IsNull(Column_Name), ‘Data not identified’, Column_Name) on script. It worked.

The problem is when I use this column as a dimension on chart.

If option suppress zero-values is checked not appear underline as a value, but if I unchecked suppress zero-values appear underline as a value. 

I don`t know what`s happening, because there isn`t null values on my database Qlikview.

Example:

Option suppress zero-values is checked

chec.png

Option suppress zero-values is unchecked

chec.png

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Looks like there are null values in your dimension table. may be they got introduced on table joining ?  did you check the information density of this field on your datamodel viewer.  I would rather have the data fixed than patching it on the charts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

What happens when you change the expression to this -> If(Len(Trim(Column_Name)) = 0, ‘Data not identified’, Column_Name)

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

SUM({<fieldname={'=Len(Trim(dimension))=0'},field={'fieldname'}>}dimen)

Not applicable
Author

Looks like there are null values in your dimension table. may be they got introduced on table joining ?  did you check the information density of this field on your datamodel viewer.  I would rather have the data fixed than patching it on the charts.