Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II

Problem to display a lot of data in a straight table

Hello all,

I load in my script data from QVD files. 

Then, I display my data in a straight table. (I have 4 million to 50 millions rows).

But more I create straight more  my Qlikview takes a lot of time to respond. 

For example, if I move a table then my Qlikview respond like below:

11.PNG

Please could you help me to find a way in order to optimize the display .

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
gf
Creator III
Creator III

I would recommend to reload your script in debug mode an set limited load to 10.000. 

marcus_sommer

No table-chart (neither in Qlik nor another tool) is designed to display millions of rows. They are aimed to display aggregated data of maybe a few hundreds/thousands rows. And the data itself aren't the biggest issue else it will be probably the rendering-engine which needs to draw all these cells and their values.

Therefore it's not surprising that it might need some time and you should also expect to hit some RAM restrictions and/or time-outs (IMO it's rather amazing how large tables could be even if you need to wait some times).

Beside this you should check your datamodel that all tables are properly associated because otherwise you may create some kind of cartesian products and by millions of records it will be definitely a showstopper.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to the other posts, try checking out the Design Blog area of the Community, there are hundreds of posts there on different how to etc., there might be something there to help you out on this one.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

If Marcus' comments did help, be sure to mark that as a solution, but if you need further help, please provide some further details of where things stand.  In this, it would probably also be very helpful if you could attach a reduced version of your application, so folks can see the data model and expressions etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.