Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with 2 dates.

Hi Everyone,

I'm using 2 tables with a linked table between them.

Table.PNG

The above 2 tables has date in each of them. Now, I am trying to make a straight table with Color as Dimension and Counting the corresponding ID's in different expressions from2 tables. But, I have to use the date so that when I select any month from a calendar object it should filter the results based on the 2 dates. So, i need to select just one month and year and it should just filter the 2 expressions.  But, I can link onlyone of the date to my calendar object.

Straight table.PNG

Thanks. any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i think you have to use only one date like a dimensión, and like a filter to your qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for replying. I didn't understand what you meant by using just one date. The straight table above use COLOR as dimension. And I have a Calendar object which I can just connect to one date, and thats not gonna solve my problem.

If I just select one date, and use it to filter. It's gonna filter just one expression.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

You will need to experiment adding the date fields to the link table as well, and then connect the calendar object to the link table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But, if I add the date field to the link table, thats gonna creata synthetic keys between these table and the Link Table. I don't know if that approach would work.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

you have something like this?:

COLOR OLD_ID_COUNT OLD_Created_Date NEW_ID_COUNT NEW_Created_Date

GOLD    307                     20090101                         108                    20110101

Not applicable
Author

You would need to rename them in the link table to avoid a synthetic key.

Not applicable
Author

Any resolution on this problem? I have the same kind of problem.