Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer_St
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with AGGR - show correct answer only while filtering data

Hi,

I have an issue with AGGR function in a specific case.

Please refer the following inline table:

Sales:
load * inline [
Date, Customer, Product_Code, Amount, Grade
01/01/2019, A, XA, 10, 5
01/01/2019, A, XA, -10, 6
01/01/2019, A, PA, 12, 5
01/01/2019, A, BC, 8, 5
01/01/2019, B, XA, 8, 5
];

I want to see total amount per customer per date and show for each date and customer its max grade.
But, while calculating the max grade (per date & customer)  I want to refer only amount which is not equal to 0 (Zero) for the same product. 

So in my case, for customer A at 01/01/2019 i expect to see total amount of 20, and max grade of 5 (as the 6 grade is under product "XA", which should be ignored as its total amount is 0).

I added the following AGGR function: 

=max({<Product_Code={"=SUM(Amount)<>0"}>}aggr(NODISTINCT max({<Product_Code={"=SUM(Amount)<>0"}>}Grade),Date,Customer))

This function will give the correct result ONLY if I filter the data on customer A. 
If the data is not filtered, the grade which will be shown is 6 (which is not what I plan to see...).

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Before filtering data. Incorrect GradeBefore filtering data. Incorrect GradeData filtrered by Customer A. Correct GradeData filtrered by Customer A. Correct Grade

10 Replies
zarmoton
Creator
Creator

the first question is how to make the SUM of DATA (expression) only DATA in front of the MAX (on a dimension) ?