Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Qlikview installation on windows server 2012 R2

Hi,

I have downloaded a personal edition and trying to install it on windows Server 2012 R2. Planning to acquire license though. It was a 64 bit OS. I downloaded 64 bit compatible software from qlik site but when i am trying to install, its throwing an error that 64 bit installer is not supported. Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

There is a special version for windows server 2012 or plus operating systems. Try to download that version and It will work.

File name : QlikViewServer_Win2012andUp

-BR,

dinu1

View solution in original post

9 Replies
dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

There is a special version for windows server 2012 or plus operating systems. Try to download that version and It will work.

File name : QlikViewServer_Win2012andUp

-BR,

dinu1

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dinu,

Thank you the server setup was working, and now i want to create some dashboards too, for i have to download separate desktop version or can i use the same server setup for this?

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Qlikview desktop version for win2012and up also available. but sometimes you can install common qlikview desktop setup using compatibility mode.

-BR,

dinu1

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go with Windows 8 and up for Desktop Installer.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi I'd like to install qlikview desktop for win2012, you say that it is also available.

Could you please be so kind and send to me the link ? because I was looking for this (link below) and I didn’t find a desktop for win2012

BI Platform Free Download, QlikView Personal Edition | Qlik

Regards

Jorge

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

You need to be a partner or customer for the same.

Contact nearest Qlik partner in your region they will help you.

Regards

ASHFAQ

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jorge,

The desktop version for Qlikview in WindowsServer2012andUp and Windows8andup(64Bit) are Same. They both sharing same windows features.

-BR,

Dinu'1

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jorge,

Please google for this software "QlikViewServer_Win2012andUp" and also for "QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup" download and install these softwares.

Try this link

Index of /download/Qlikview 11/QV 1120 SR8 12577/Server/Windows 2012..

TIA.

Not applicable
Author

I just downloaded QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe version 11.20.12742.0 to my Windows 2012 R2 Server with SQL Server 2014.  I had right clicked and chose "Run as Administrator" but I got the error: "Qlikview x64 installer information the operating system is not adequate for running qlikview x64"  Then I tried again by right clicking and selecting the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and the install went fine.  Maybe- I'm just getting started but the program was installed by using the Troubleshoot Compatibility.

Hope that helps someone!

-Patrick