Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QLIKWORLD LIVE! MAY 16 - 19TH, EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolas_martin
Partner
Partner

Problem with application size

Hello,

I have an application. When I save the application without compression, the application is approx 175 MB.

I opened the application with a DocumentAnalyser (thank you Rob), and it says that the Table is 165 MB.

--> ok, the layout and other compotents take about 10 MB, that sounds OK.

Now, I add just 1 new table (no relation with the others), with only 1 line, from an Excel file.

When saved,my application is now 225 MB!

With the DocumentAnalyser, it still says that the Table is 165 MB (few bytes more, because of the new line).

I don't understand why a few bytes increase the size of the application by 50 MB.

14 Replies
nicolas_martin
Partner
Partner
Author

The question is to compare both of files, are the fileds and sizes are equal. Where are the peeks?

That's what I've done in the application "QlikOptimizer.qvw", attached in a previous post.

The fields are EXACTLY the sames, except for the field "_LANGUAGE" because there is 1 more line:

QvwFiletest - language with 1 linetest - language without line
ClassTypeSubTypeIdBytessum(Count)sum(Size)Bytessum(Count)sum(Size)
DatabaseTableRecords_LANGUAGE111,00000,00
DatabaseFieldSymbols_LANGUAGE13113,00000,00
State SpaceField StateState_LANGUAGE111,00010,00
State SpaceField StateSelection_LANGUAGE32000,0025600,00
State SpaceTable StateInternal_LANGUAGE800,00000,00

so, it should take only few more Bytes, not 50 MB.

By the way you publish exact amount or amount on hard drive?

I don't understand the question.

The file size is the size on hard drive. The size of it's data is what is given in the "mem" files.

marchoctober
Creator
Creator

Ok then,

1) Did you try to add Language via txt file for example?

2) And otherwise, did you try to use very different name, f.e instead of Languange Lang, and other values?

3) Try to reduce ALL data from app and make a complete reload.

4) Make new all empty app, copypaste script and reload model, what it will look like wit size?

nicolas_martin
Partner
Partner
Author

1) Did you try to add Language via txt file for example?

Yes: txt and Excel.

--> same behavior

2) And otherwise, did you try to use very different name, f.e instead of Languange Lang, and other values?

All the same...

3) Try to reduce ALL data from app and make a complete reload.


Still the same size (225 MB).





4) Make new all empty app, copypaste script and reload model, what it will look like wit size?

!!!

Whith the same script and no layout, my application is 175 MB!

It means that the usage of this value in my labels expressions (approx 50) costs me 50 MB!

It's unbelievable...

marchoctober
Creator
Creator

I think its not usage as well, but a kinda of a bug ar similar. Try now copypaste vizualisations, lets see how bigger it will be? I think nothing should happen.

nicolas_martin
Partner
Partner
Author

In my application, all my labels are in a formula like

=Only({<index={number_of_price}>} translation)

where "number_of_price" is a key in my Excel file, and all the translations are in different columns loaded as a crosstable .

If the user selects "english" as _LANGUAGE, my label displays the string corresponding.

If I load my application, it's 225 mb;

I replaced all my expressions having this kind of formula by an empty string --> my application is now 175 MB.

There was about 300 occurence of this expression.

So I guess it's the way the values are stored in the application that is weird...

I'll continue to dig...