Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with chart dimensions

Hi,

I have a bar chart that is showing a measure, trended over month and year dimensions.  There is a dummy "=1" dimension on the chart also used to prevent the months being stacked on the chart.

I want all of the chart values to be displayed at all times, even if the user adds a filter that will take a month value to zero i.e. all years and months are shown even if there aren't any values for them in the selection.

To achieve this, I have ticked the "Show All Values" option on the "Year" and "Month" dimensions and also unticked the "suppress zero values" on the Presentation tab of the chart properties.

So far so good - everything works how I want it... however an extra null (shown by "-" symbol) value for the year dimension has appeared from somewhere that I cannot remove.

I have created attached an application to demonstrate the problem. Can anyone assist me with this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you can use alternate states. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Check Surpress When value is Null

ChartDim1.bmp

Not applicable
Author

ChartDim2.bmp

Not applicable
Author

Thanks yaseen but I have tried this already.  When you do this and then filter on "snickers" in my example, the month of March disappears.  This is because there are no sales for snicker in march, but I would still like this value to appear on the chart.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you can use alternate states. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am indeed using v11.  Never used Alternate States before.

Have applied your solution to my master application and its working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help.