Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with cyclic group label display on chart.

Hi all,

In QlikView 9 developer, I find that the cyclic group label diplayed in chart area ( I am looking at Bar chart) changes place (move from close to x- axis to somewhere bottom of the chart) when cycling through the fields. This is prominent in my case as the text deplayed on x-axis are little on the longer side ( I am capping at 23 chars). Moreover, this is does not seem to happen for all the fields in the group but for some ( guessing with the ones having more values). This was never a problem in 8.20. Has anyone else found this too? Is there any fix for it?

Thanks! in advance for your time.

Regards,

Shashi

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have faced the same problem before 9 it was possible to move the drill by pressing Ctrl+Shift but in 9 this is not working.

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

one of our customer has a similar prob.

Using a cycle group and a formula as a field, the label for that field (which is also a formula) is not shown but the name of the cycle group. Whe open a support case this week, jusat waiting fpr a reply of QT support.

The test QVW we using runs with 8.50 without any probs.

Regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! for your replies. Good to know that I am not alone on this.

There is one thing which I found after posting this question. When I shrink the size of the chart area (manully resizing using control + shift) at one point the lable does come up to original position. But there is no guaranty that the same re-sizing will work for all the fields in the group. Moreover, it seems stupid to allocate really big space for label and smaller area for chart.