Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asa_runstrom
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with dynamic label in table

Hi

I have problem with my dynamic labels to my coloumns. I have three columns and it work if the first columns name is dummy1 and the second coloumns name is dummy 2 and in the third column I use the labels name to set the value in the column and write [dummy1]+[dummy2] .

But now I need to do the columns name dynamic and call the first column for ='dummy1 '&'$(monthA)' and the second column för ='dummy2 '&'$(monthA) but I dont get any value in column three if I write ['dummy1'&'$(monthA)']+['dummy2'+'$(monthA)'].

Does anyone know how to solve my problem?

6 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Use a dollar expansion for the name reference:

[=$('dummy1'& monthA)] + [=$('dummy2'& monthA)]

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable

Hi,

Do you use qv 10 ? if this is the case you can use the "Column" function, try Column(1)+Column(2) as value for the third column. I don't remember if this function has been added in version 10 if it was existing before.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

RenaudCharlet wrote:I don't remember if this function has been added in version 10 if it was existing before.

I don't know when it was added, but it's been around for a long time.

asa_runstrom
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have tried your example but it doesn't work.

asa_runstrom
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

I use version 8.5. I can't find the "Column" function so I wonder where I can find this function.

asa_runstrom
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

I found the "Column" function i version 8.5.

Thank you for your help

Åsa