Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with importing bookmarks

Hi,

I have problems importing bookmarks on my QlikView server AccessPoint. Some of our users wants to share bookmarks, and they have earlier managed to do that using the method "Mail with Bookmark as a Link" under the Menu button. It works fine to send an email, but when importing the e-mailed file, the error text "No bookmarks found in the bookmark file" appears in a text box.

One of our users noticed that this file ends with .qvw, which he says that those files not had as a file format earlier. Anybody knows about this, or may know another solution to share bookmarks?

Server objects are allowed.

Best regards,

Filip

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Filip,

Have you tried using "Shared Server Bookmarks" option?

Regards,

Shyamal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What do you mean?

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure, if this suits your requirement exactly.

When a user creates a bookmark, it will be shown under either user or document bookmarks.

If it is a user bookmark, then opening then while opening it from server (use the "More" option from Menu under Bookmarks), at the bottom of the dialouge box there is a link "Move local User Bookmarks to Server". Click on that and the bookmarks will be available under "My Server Bookmarks" tab.

In server Bookmarks tab, there will be an option to check the "share" checkbox. If this checkbox is checked then the bookmarks will be available to other users under "Shared Server Bookmarks" tab and for the user who has shared the bookmarks, they will be available under "My Server Bookmarks" tab.

This way bookmarks can be shared with other users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, when I create a bookmark as a user it will appear under "My Server Bookmarks"... Please see attached image.
The share checkbox option is not possible to use anyway..

1) Where can I change that?

2) But I guess if I check that option, this bookmark will be available to ALL users? What if this option only should be available to a limited number of users...

Appreciate your help!

Not applicable
Author

Not able to see any attachment. Can you attach again?

For share checkbox option :

From the Reference Manual for "Allow Server Objects"

This check box must be enabled, if remote clients are to be allowed to create and share sheet objects with this document on the QlikView Server.

1) Enable "Allow server Objects" (Which I think you have already done) and "Allow Server Bookmarks" from Settings--Document Properties--Server tab.

2) You can create a group of users in QMC, so when a user from particular group shares a bookmark it will be visible to members of that group only.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I edited my previous post with attachment....

But let's change my question... How does the method "Mail with Bookmark as a Link" work? That is really my question...

Not applicable
Author

Okay, so a few checks for that:

1. Mail client should be configured and user must have access to the document and data present in it. Per your post I guess this should not be the issue.

2. You have mentioned that Server Objects ar allowed, have you checked for server bookmarks?

3. While importing a bookmark, the extension of qlikview file should be .qbm and not .qvw

Per the reference manual:

Mail with Bookmark as a Link...

Only available when working with a QlikView Server document. Creates a

mail with a URL link to the current server document. A temporary server

bookmark will be created (including layout state) and encoded in the URL.

The mail recipient will be able to use the URL link to open the server document

and see what you see, obviously provided that he has access rights to

the document and data therein. A mail client has to be configured on the

computer for this command to work. The QlikView Server must be configured

to allow server bookmarks.

So, I think once you have mailed the bookmarks, it will allow user to open the same document as yours but won't allow to import the file. For that you need to export the bookmark, save it as .qbm file and then import it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, so a few checks for that:

1. Mail client should be configured and user must have access to the document and data present in it. Per your post I guess this should not be the issue.
Yes, this is not an issue.

2. You have mentioned that Server Objects ar allowed, have you checked for server bookmarks?
No, they are not allowed. This may cause our problem, but the funny thing is that this is a recent problem. A year back or so this was possible anyway, and we haven't changed this setting.

3. While importing a bookmark, the extension of qlikview file should be .qbm and not .qvw

We get the .qvw format when we emailed this file. I also thought it was strange, so I renamed the file as a .qbm file as you wrote. Didn't help.