Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with loading data from SQL stored procedure.

Hello,

I have an SQL stored procedure sp_assetslist

When I run this procedure in SQL Query Analyzer (exec sp_assetslist) I get few records with columns(fields):

id, fk_assettypes_id, fk_users_id, rawdata

Now I'm trying to show these data in QlikView. I tried to use solution code which I found on the QlikTech Forum but is does not work.

My code is:

CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=CCE_Assets;Data Source=PLWASQL01;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=PLBHZ4V2J;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False;];
LOAD *;
SQL EXECUTE sp_assetslist;

I also tried with:

LOAD id, fk_assettypes_id, fk_users_id, rawdata;
SQL EXECUTE sp_assetslist;

but I get an error message: Field not found - <id>

Any idea how to manage it?
Thanks in advance - Brgds
Mariusz

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try using upper case (capital) letters for the field name. Use ID not id

My SQL queries always generate the field names in upper case unless I alias the names to a lower case or mixed case name. The database software doesn't care but QlikView is case-sensitive.

Not applicable
Author

I have the exact same problem..... and it is not solved by making the returned variable names in Caps.

Basically i am trying to get a multiple rows for multiple records through a SP and feed that into a qlikview report.

Any advise ?

Not applicable
Author

I have also this problem!

I think it is a problem because we have a OLEDB connection.

But does somebody knows the solution?

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot. if i use odbc connection, it is ok. but how could i use ole db to solve this problem?

Not applicable
Author

I'm getting this problem too, so it looks like it hasn't been solved in the past 11 months. I have a ticket open, if they come up with something I'll post back here. Reading data from a sproc is a very basic database operation, I really don't understand why it's so difficult to implement properly.

Not applicable
Author

A little late, but for what it's worth: this is apparently a known issue, QlikView defect 37807 (they must have reset the count a few times).  Has anyone seen this behavoir in QV11, or seen previously-problematic stored procedures run OK on v11?

Not applicable
Author

Oh yeah, the fix!  This problem disappeared when I replaced my OLEDB connection string with ODBC.  Presumably QlikView will come around to mid-90s technologies soon.

Also, there seems to be a correlation in that sprocs which use temp tables have this problem, but sproc without are OK on OLEDB.

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Why dont you try to use the native SQL command for executing the stored procedures?

LOAD id, fk_assettypes_id, fk_users_id, rawdata;    

SQL EXEC sp_assetslist;

I have used this several times and I got no error.

Regards

Andrew Hudson

Not applicable
Author

That's exactly what has not worked for me - when the stored procedure used temp tables, and I connected via OLEDB to an MS SQL 2K8 database.