Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with synthetic keys

Hi ,

In my datamodel there are no synthetic keys ,when i am using the same datamodel as binary load on my final application i am getting synthetic keys .Whatt could be the reason .? suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The synthetic key comes from the application you binary load your data from. Make sure you're using the right version of that document, i.e. the version where you resolved the synthetic key.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

13 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Might me in your application where you are calling binary having fields similar in your data model.

Thanks,
AS

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Do you load any additional data, rename fields or create new teables in the script of your final application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes !! i have added two inline tables ..which are different

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If your inline tables contain field names that are also present in another table you can get a synthetic key.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Field names of those inline table should not be same as in your datamodel , better to rename fields  in either of them.

Thanks,
AS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes ! They are different

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Please do CTR+T and share screenshot of your datamodel when you are doing binary load.

Thanks,

AS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Earlier i got the same synthetic keys at datamodel and i had resolved at datmodel level and there are no synthetic keys in datamodel .But when  i am using same datamodel with binary load i am getting same  synthetic keys which i resolved at datamodel level

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Here  3 fields are common between FCT_SALES and FCT_Promo table :

#_Hierarchy_Date

Store_Key

Dept_Key

You should have one key common and rename others based on requirement.

Thanks,

AS