Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems setting document features security with section access

I've created an app and I want to disable its' user some functionality (for example data reload). I composed a hidden script like that:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, Mydomain\Alex_Zakr

USER, Mydomain\Vasiliy_Pupkin

];

Section Application;

After that I disabled Reload and Partial Reload in Settings - Document Properties - Security - User Privileges. Saved, exited and opened the doc again. A textbox with OSuser() shows me "Mydomain\Alex_Zakr" and I can access and change Settings - Document Properties - Security again (that's, AFAIR, a sign of ADMIN access), but the Reload button us greyed out. So I don't understand, whether I am treated as admin or as user. And how my task can be done using windows authentication. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Is the "Admin override security" checkbox in Document Settings | Security checked? You will need this as well as the Reload checkbox.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Please refer the below post.

Sheets Security with Section Access

Regards

ASHFAQ

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

In document properties-> user privileges are for all the users and those are not defined user wise. Those are defined for the document itself. So if you unchecked above options you can't do a manual reload until them check again. In this case you are not treating as anyone (admin or user) since it is a document property itself.

BR,

Dinu1

Not applicable
Author

http://www.qlik.com/ru/landing/security-video-series#

Video #7 says that you're not right. Or I do miss something?

Not applicable
Author

The example, you provided, doesn't help to solve document features problem. It is an example of cutting data by imposing restrictions, but not cutting document features based on the NT authorisation

Not applicable
Author

It seems to be a bug of 11.20.12235.0. And it is not connected with NT Auth. With basic Qlik auth it is just the same. As soon as I unckeck the ability to reload, the button gets greyed out regardless of the ACCESS type of the account I'm logged in.

PS:

ADMIN: Login - AI, PWD - AP

USER: Login - UI, PWD - UP

Maybe you can check with some other versions?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Is the "Admin override security" checkbox in Document Settings | Security checked? You will need this as well as the Reload checkbox.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Damn! You're right ;-). That solved the problem for ADMIN. Just wonder, why this checkbox wasn't paid attention it the Video... Thanks a lot!