Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with Slider Object

Hi,

I wish to know if there is any limitation when using the slider object. I have an application which loads a range of dates and by default the max date is selected when opened. Due to the importance of viewing the information, we decided to set that application to refresh every 15 min. Now we have a problem of the slider not being selected with the max date.

* All browsers run on IE with the plugin

* I've selected 'Field' and specified the field name for the slider data

* Mode is single value, value mode is discrete

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gayan.

5 Replies
cleitoncabral2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Go in document settings and then triggers, and can place all time you open the document as one shot:

max (last (date))

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response Cabral. Unfortunately I have done this. I have used the 'select in field' and specified the field and given a similar value given by you. But it does not seem to work.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think the user's selection on the date is being cached between sessions and this is overriding the selection made when the application is first loaded into memory.

You can turn this feature off in QMC - I don't recall the setting and I don't have full QMC access at my current location, but if you dig a little, you should find that option. You might want to check with your users before changing that setting, though.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
cleitoncabral2
Contributor III
Contributor III

No script coloque esse comando:

LET vTodaysDay = Day(vTodaysDate);
LET vTodaysDate = Today();
LET vThisMonth = Month(vTodaysDate);
LET vThisYear = year(vTodaysDate);
LET vThisQuarter = Dual('Q' & Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3), Ceil(Month(vTodaysDate)/3));

And the shutter put this command:

Field: [Field date]

Search

characters: =vTodaysDay

This is to work

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan, I'll try to find a possible configuration in the QMC.