Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Problems with currency

Hello,

I have a document where I have SalesInvoicelines with Company, Datalevel and LineAmount. This LineAmounts are divided in ActualAmount and BudgetAmount depending on DataLevel. I have also a currency-rate because the amount can be in another currency like USD.

So in my script I have two calculations:

if (DataLevel = 'Budget' and  SalesInvoiceLineNumber > 0,(LineAmount/DWHConsolitationCompCurrencyExchangeRateToCurrency),NULL()) as BudgetAmount,

if (DataLevel = 'Actual' and ( SalesInvoiceLineNumber = 0 or  SalesInvoiceLineNumber > 12),(LineAmount/DWHConsolitationCompCurrencyExchangeRateToCurrency),NULL()) as ActualAmount,

I'm also loading a currencytable with different currencies. In the script I have a tab where a load that qvd and create a currencytable

On my Dashboard I have several tables with dimensions like Year, Month, Company etc. I use als also different expressions to calculate Actual and Budget.

Some expressions are :

= Sum({$ < Year = {$(= vCurrentYear)}, Month = {"<= $(=max(Month))"}, Quarter =, Month= > } ActualAmount)

= Sum({$ < Year = {$(= max(Year))}> } ActualAmount)

or simple = SUM(ActualAmount)

I have a Multibox for choosing the currency. When I build in the ExchangeRate, like = Sum(ActualAmount * ExchangeRate) I have to divide it by 2 to get the right amount.

My questions are:

1. How can I get EUR as Default Currency and 1 as Default ExchangeRate

2. Is my currency table correct created (tried to build in a intervalmatch)

3. Why should I divide the amount by 2 to get the right amounts

As example I have a little document uploaded where my currency  table is created and a little part of the InvoiceLines is loaded

Thanks in advance

Court

1 Reply
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Found the solution for my questions

For question one: created an Inline Table with one record (Euro and ExchangeRate)

For question two: there are many examples on this site and with some combining I got the right IntervalMatch for my problem

For question three: there was a mistake in our Datawarehouse, after that was solved, my Problem was solved.

SO: Always check you data and watch the Solutions given by the experts

See you

Copurt