cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator

Problems with "Sum"

I have a fairly large data set of invoice history linked on invoice date to a master calendar. When I create either a chart or pivot table from the data set where the Dimensions are month (from the master calendar table) and the Expression is sum(NetPrice_Extended) I get an incorrect result (exactly 2 times what it should be). However, when I export the same data set to Excel (via table box) and create a pivot table in Excel I get the correct result.

Example:

Result from Qlikview=  2,348,336

Result from Excel (verified correct)= 1,174,167

Result from Qlikview = 1,246,473

Result from Excel (verified correct) = 623,236

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, there are multiple joins in the QVD creation. I believe that I have solved the issue by adding "Distinct" to the load of the primary fact table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

a tablebox only shows you all the possible combinations of values that you have. If you have duplicates in your table - sounds a bit like you might have every record twice - it wouldn't show you that unless you use a RowNo() as a unique ID_field in every record. That's why, when doing a tablebox and exporting to Excel, you get the correct result.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Add

RowNo() as No

while loading the table in your script....

This should work...

hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator
Author

Adding RowNo() in the load did not fix the problem, but it did confirm DataNibbler's suspicion. Any ideas on how I could have ended up with exactly double the records in my QVD creation - or how during my QVD creation I can remove duplicates?

Not applicable

Duplicates usually occur as a result of joins. Was any other table joined to the original table which has the required fields.

hobanwashburne
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, there are multiple joins in the QVD creation. I believe that I have solved the issue by adding "Distinct" to the load of the primary fact table.