Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Profit & Loss Statement - Missing spacer Lines

Hi Folks

I have been using below brilliant work by jmc and johnDawson to create p&l statements.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3324#start=25

However having done everything, all is good apart from I don't get the blank spacer line as stipulated by flag 's' seem to be not working.

My expression is exactly as described.

Num(if([Exec P&L Level] = 's','',Sum(Amount)),MinString(Format))

I get all the lines in original order but not blank lines as specified in the excel file.

Any heads up would be of immense help.

Thanks

Sap

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Martyn,

Unfortunately I done all that and it still didn't work.

However I created a another column in ExecIE spreadsheet with SortFlag and gave them chronological numbers for each row including the blank once as well (1,2,3 etch).

Having imported them into Qlikview I placed them before PL Heading column as a dimension and hidden the column under presentation. To ensure that I get all the lines I sort the fields by Sortflag first (asc) and then by PL Heading as per load order.

Now I get my P&L statement just like my excel format.

Hope this helps other people who may have similar issues and don't have to spend hours like I did.

Sap

View solution in original post

4 Replies
martyn_birzys
Creator
Creator

Check object properties Show All Values, uncheck Suppress Zero Values and Suppress Missing and Suppress When Value is Null.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Martyn,

Unfortunately I done all that and it still didn't work.

However I created a another column in ExecIE spreadsheet with SortFlag and gave them chronological numbers for each row including the blank once as well (1,2,3 etch).

Having imported them into Qlikview I placed them before PL Heading column as a dimension and hidden the column under presentation. To ensure that I get all the lines I sort the fields by Sortflag first (asc) and then by PL Heading as per load order.

Now I get my P&L statement just like my excel format.

Hope this helps other people who may have similar issues and don't have to spend hours like I did.

Sap

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for posting this!

Not applicable
Author

Glad that it helped. I have developed a fair few finance Applications and it seems that you are doing the same, keep me posted.