cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoveQ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Prompting for password

I have macro set up in my qlik document. Every time I try to run that macro it is asking me for password. There is no password set up in the macro by my coworker but for some strange reason Qlik is asking password. How do I overcome this issue. 

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Then take a look in the macro. Usually it's not difficult to find the part which caused the password-query - probably any access to a database, website, storage/network or similar. If it's really not obvious you may integrate some extra msgbox to see which ones come before the password. Maybe it's just an internal measurement to prevent that the macro is accidentally executed.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

What Kind of Qlik Document is it QVF or QVW?

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
LoveQ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It is QVW. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Then if you are getting prompted for a password, then you likely have QlikView Section Access in the load script.

If you are the developer you need to check load script.

If you are not the developer of the QVW, you need to speak to that person and either:

You can either

--remove section access from the load script

--update your load script to use NTFS authorization, using the following:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
LoveQ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I wrote the sql script myself for this QVW and there is no QlikView Section Access  part in the sql. It is a basic sql script with joins and filters. And nowhere in the script it has password code or hidden script. I don't know why it is prompting me for macro password. 

Thank you.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Ok check that this 'override macro security' is enabled in the 'document properties'

If that still doesn't work. do this...Select to override security..

But use these with care and discretion. 

Finally if you inherited the app from another person, then you might have hidden script.

This is mentioned here:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Module-password/td-p/268329

Kind regards...

Frank_S
Support
Support

In the meantime, I will move this to the QlikView community to get more eyes on this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/bd-p/qlikview-app-development

cheers!

marcus_sommer

What does the macro do? Maybe the password-query comes from the called action.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Could the password be coming from SQL?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
LoveQ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I don't know what the macro does. It is not my macro. My coworker is using it to do some data analysis.