Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Proxy problem

Hi All, In my office we access internet through a proxy with port 8080. Because of this, I think, the loading of data from web files, is not working. Is there any setting change i have to make for internet access through proxy.
21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there.

Got the solution for this problem.

You need to login once with the user the server is running on and set the proxy config in his IE-Settings.

After that, all things working perfectly.

Best regards,

Dirk

Not applicable
Author

Good morning everyone. (Or good night kkk)

I think the solution to my problem is not in this between them because I'm not running the application through the QlikView Server, but only through the QlikView 9.0 Developer Edition SR 2, so the application runs on the local machine.

Att
Patrick Maciel

Note: I'm using Google translator.

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello,

Im facing the same problem. Does any one have a solution yet?

Regards...

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Has anyone figured it out? Any idea is greatly appreciated...

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
Not applicable
Author

I'm also struggling with this - can anyone come up with a solution?

Not applicable
Author

Any solutions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Easiest is to make a batch file that downloads the data from web and stores it locally. Than QlikView loads the local file. You can schedule the batch file as "external task" from QEMC

This is cleaner than logging in with the account running the QV service and setting the proxy in Internet Explorer.

curl --proxy PROXY_SERVER:8080 --proxy-user USER:PASSWORD --proxy-anyauth -o file.txt http://www.data.com/file.txt

See about cURL here

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem with the 11.2 SR6 and I experimented a lot before finding the solution.

In the QV desktop, the Internet access settings are retrieved from the default browser.

In my case, I couldn't display a map via URL on OpenStreetMap --> Dynamic image in the background of my bubble chart remained blank.

I solved this problem by changing a setting in Internet Explorer (my client is still using an older version, 6.0).

In the IE menu : Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced, you must check the option "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection" under "HTTP 1.1 settings".

Regards.

Nicolas Houcke

Not applicable
Author

Hello p4designer,

I wanted to let you know that our development company are are working on this problem and are developing a solution which will be ready in a few weeks.   We are building an authentication server which will bypass the issue of the port incompatibility between Qlik and corporate firewalls.

Hopefully we can get it up on the Qlik Market, but if it doesnt go up there get in contact with me and i'll send you the details.