Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Publisher server configuration which is on different VM?

Hi Experts,

I have stuck with a doubt while configuring my production server.

It seems I have two virtual servers Server 1 & Server 2. Server 1 is for QlikView Server and the Server 2 is for QlikView Publsiher.

During the deployment of my QlikView code(files and folders) I have copied across to Server 1 and configured the QMC. Now when I try to schedule the tasks, I could not see the applications/dashboards in the Source Documents under the Documents/Source Documents.

This is because I have copied my files to Server 1 where qlikview server is installed but the Publisher is installed on Server 2.

So do I need to copy the files and folder to Server 2(publisher server) to configure the scheduled tasks?

If yes then why do we have two copies in server 1 and server 2?

How to schedule the documents in Server 1?

I appreciate if someone shed some light on this situation.

Thanks heaps.

Shyam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Shyam,

You can have all files on one server, it is just services that is installed on different servers. Even if Your Source (mother) and Your document(childs) folder is placed on the same server you have to use correct folderpath in Your Application. for ex. \\server2\folder\Source otherwise the task will fails. You can not use c:\folder\Source for ex

View solution in original post

11 Replies
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Again,

Just read a few posts.

Should I be deploying my dashboard and files to Publisher and distribute from Publisher to Server using the Publisher?

Thanks for help here.

Regards,

Shyam.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, The files could be placed anywhere on any server. You have to manage this in the QMC settings and create "links" to the folders. Its very important that the filepath in Your dashboards is correct when Your server and Publisher is on different servers. And yes the Publisher helps you to create a "child" from motherapplication and distribute it to the Qlikview server, which is a folder. You Should not copy and move files if you dont know what you are doing. Be care and read the Reference manual.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response Staffan.

Will I be able to schedule the QVW reload using publisher on one server(server 1)  and files and folders on different server(Server 2)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Shyam,

You can have all files on one server, it is just services that is installed on different servers. Even if Your Source (mother) and Your document(childs) folder is placed on the same server you have to use correct folderpath in Your Application. for ex. \\server2\folder\Source otherwise the task will fails. You can not use c:\folder\Source for ex

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Staffan,

Thanks for the response.

I have used the link that is available after sharing the root folder where I have my documents.

I have used this link in the Source document folder path on Distribution server.

I was able to schedule my tasks and the scheduled tasks completed successfully and the documents loaded successfully.

I have used relative paths in my dashboard to refer to the Data Model QVW and the QVW has the relative paths of QVD's.

However, when I open the dashboard I see no data and I see External Error : Fatal Error messages on the dashboard.

Can you please suggest what i am missing?

Regards,

Shyam.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Hard to say, but do You use binary load to fetch data from Your Data Model QVW? Do You Use Section Access?

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Staffan,

Yes, I use Binary load to fetch data from Data Model QVW. This binary load link is again a relative path reference to Data Model QVW. I do not have any section access on the dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Shyam.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

What do you expect to see, do you have any datamodel behind? All path in Your Dashboard should be like \\servername\folder\folder\file.qvd and Your binary should be like binary [\\server\folder\dashboard.qvw]

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Staffan,

Yes, I do have QVD's in the first layer and then Data Model. The Data Model has relative paths in it to refer to the QVS files where the Load script and the relative paths are used to refer to the QVD's.

Then the dashboard which uses the binary load link again using the relative path.

I will use the folder paths as mentioned by you and give a try.

However, I have placed all the code in D drive of the machine. How do i refer the folder path to D Drive?

Thanks in advance.

Shyam.