Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II

PurgeChar in Set Expression for Straight table

Hello

I'm trying to get rid off some special characters loaded in the records of the "order_header" field (I don't have access to the data model, thus I can not load data already "purged".

I have tried several expressions, including this most simple one:

Count(distinct {<purgechar([ORDER_HEADER],'-') = {"*$(=(vPromo))*"},[D_SALES.autoCalendar.Week]={">=$(=vPromoStart-0)<=$(=vPromoEnd-0)"}>} ORDER_NB)

Nothing has worked so far....btw, if I remove the purgechar function, it works perfect...(so no issue with the rest of the count script)

I've been looking for hours for a solution...I would deeply appreciate if somebody could put me in the right way.

thanks in  advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Patrice,

There is an operator called Like in Qlik expression language - so I am pretty sure you can do this:

= Count(Distinct {<[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=PurgeChar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' ') Like '*$(=vPromo)*' "}>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Opera...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm advancing a bit but still stuck due to the "like" search

The below formula works great :

= Count(distinct {<[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=purgechar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' ')= '$(=vPromo)'"}>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

nevertheless, I can't find a way to use * :

= Count(distinct {<[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=purgechar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' ')= '*$(=vPromo)*'"}>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

nor

= Count(distinct {<[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=purgechar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' ')= *'$(=vPromo)'*"}>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

any idea ?

thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi Patrice,

There is an operator called Like in Qlik expression language - so I am pretty sure you can do this:

= Count(Distinct {<[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=PurgeChar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' ') Like '*$(=vPromo)*' "}>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Opera...

patricesalem
Creator II
Creator II
Author

and the answer is 

= Count(distinct {<
[COMMANDE_CLIENT]= {"=purgechar(COMMANDE_CLIENT,' _ -')like '*$(=(vPromo))*'"},
[D_SALES.autoCalendar.Week]={">=$(=vPromoStart-0)<=$(=vPromoEnd-0)"}
>} COMMANDE_CLIENT)

thanks to those who read my posts

Albert_Candelario

Excellent!