Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Put selected values from a listbox into another listbox and vice versa.

error loading image

Hi everybody,

i want to create two boxes, like shown in the image above (can be seen in Qlikview, when inserting new object "Multibox"). The first Box contains values from an inline table. The second Box contains nothing. If i select one or more values from the left Box and click on "put into" a macro (or action) should put the selected values in the second Box (and remove these from the first Box). If if click on "Remove" the selexted values in the right Box should be removed (and should appear in the first Box again).

Any ideas how to realise something like this in Qlikview?

Regards, Martin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Are these string or numerical values? You need a variable to hold the values. If numeric, you just need: 1, 2, 3. If string, you want quotes around the values: 'A', 'Test'.

Then for your Multibox, add Expressions. For the first one, use:

=If(Not Match(FIELD, $(vList)), FIELD)
For the second:
=If(Match(FIELD, $(vList)), FIELD)

Instead of a macro, I used an Action. It seems to work fine, but I did need to add a second variable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are these string or numerical values? You need a variable to hold the values. If numeric, you just need: 1, 2, 3. If string, you want quotes around the values: 'A', 'Test'.

Then for your Multibox, add Expressions. For the first one, use:

=If(Not Match(FIELD, $(vList)), FIELD)
For the second:
=If(Match(FIELD, $(vList)), FIELD)

Instead of a macro, I used an Action. It seems to work fine, but I did need to add a second variable.

Not applicable
Author

Mr. Miller, thanks a lot for your solution.
It helps me to get on the right track. I will try to put more functionality into it by working with some macros in the background. For example to sort the choosen values. But for the first shoot this is a very nice example!