Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luka-enterprise
Contributor
Contributor

QMC - Load when newer file

Hi,

I got .qvd files generated on other server (security issue) and that files are generated each 1 hour and by R-copy it's transferred by SFTP if the file is newer on the FTP server.

There is a total of 42 files (some are updated every time, some less) - can I create a task in QMC to update/Reload Application if the file is newer (or when a new file "land" in the folder?).

Now I have file transfer at 8:00, app reload at 8:15, and today I notice that I didn't receive files for 4 days but my last "reload" time was today so this way is something I can't let the system go without some "monitoring" and with the load by newer file, it's easy as a user can call me and say they have older loading date.

Thanks

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

AFAIK the qmc could not recognize if a certain source-file is newer as the last loaded one. The reload-time is in general only mandatory suitable to monitor which version of data in your applications exists. Even if the file-time is newer it doesn't mean that the data within the file have changed.

To monitor such things you may run an extra app which looped through all your folders and fetched the filetime() and filesize() from your files and maybe also some additionally created data from your applications - means they store by each load-run the max. Date/ID from their data within a file.  

- Marcus