Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server not setting ObjectId via macro.

I have a macro that works fine on qlikview client. When opening this file from the access point on qlikview server, this macro is not working as it should. The problem: The macro is not setting the object_id correctly. Instead of using specified names, it just uses TX01,TX02 and so on.

Here is the part of the macro that sets the objectId:

set zeilentextbox = ActiveDocument.Sheets("Selektion").CreateTextObject
prop = zeilentextbox.GetProperties
prop.Layout.Frame.ObjectId = "Document\zeile_text_"&k
zeilentextbox.SetProperties prop 'Einstellungen abspeichern

Another macro that fires later has to delete specific textboxes:
for b=lbound(objs) to ubound(objs)
objid = objs(b).GetObjectId
IF objid = "Document\zeile_"&a THEN
objs(b).Close
END IF
next

Any ideas how to tell the qlikview server so set the objectIds correctly?
PS: Other macros working fine - so executing macros generally is working.

Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

It might just be that you are trying an invalid ID, perhaps "Server\..." would work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The reference guide states that layout operations (such as creating new object) are prohibited in server macros. My experience is that some functions work, some don't. But I always avoid using them because the doc is pretty clear so I have no one to complain to when they don't work.

I think the main difference here is that on the local QV, CreateTextObject creates a Document object. On the server, it creates a User object. Rules may be different.

-Rob

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

hi,

a quick workaround might be to adda hiddne sheet to the model with some hidden objects (textboxes, charts, etc) with predefined IDs and instead of creating new objects on the server just use these objects.

that way you can just delete the objects proeprties and assingan them again using your macro and everyone is happy:)

ofcourse if you have alot of users and you need an object or more for each then i guess this solution is bit heavy.

mansyno

kji
Employee
Employee

It might just be that you are trying an invalid ID, perhaps "Server\..." would work.

Not applicable
Author

@Johan: Fantastic Idea.

I changed
"Document\zeile..." to
"Server\zeile..."

and now everything works fine!