Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVAjax Invalid Argument Error - Internet Explorer

I am getting an "Invalid Argument" error on a tab in a QlikView document being accessed through AccessPoint in Internet Explorer.  When I access the exact same tab in Firefox, it is fine.  Has anyone encountered this before, and if so, did you find a solution for what may have caused this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

We ended up having a conference call with someone at QlikView about AJAX errors we were getting, and their suggestion was to switch everyone to using the IE Plugin, rather than the AJAX client.  They were unsure of what was causing our AJAX errors.  Note that everyone using the QlikView Reports will have to download the IE Plugin if they don't have it already installed (their will be a link to do this in Access Point).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We are getting this same error - have you (or anyone) found a resolution?

Not applicable
Author

We ended up having a conference call with someone at QlikView about AJAX errors we were getting, and their suggestion was to switch everyone to using the IE Plugin, rather than the AJAX client.  They were unsure of what was causing our AJAX errors.  Note that everyone using the QlikView Reports will have to download the IE Plugin if they don't have it already installed (their will be a link to do this in Access Point).

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had the same error in IE8, working fine in IE9. The solution was to remove objects with unavailable fields.

The datamodel had changed, resulting in some missing fields.

Make a copy of the sheet where you get the error message, remove object by object and check with webview until you find the one causing the error.

The "solution" to use the QV plugin instead is not possible for all customers.