Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVMN -->Status-->Services (DSC-->Status Disconnected, QDS-->Status Disconnected)

Hi Guys,

QVMN -->Status-->Services (DSC-->Status Disconnected, QDS-->Status Disconnected)

QDS Error:

The Distribution Service is Currently Not Responding.

Make sure the service is started (Computer Management, Services and Applications, Services) Check that the correct license has been applied (System, Licenses)

If the service is installed on a remote host, make sure that there is a working network connection.

DSC Error:

The Directory Service Connector is Currently Not Responding.

Make sure the service is started (Computer Management, Services and Applications, Services) Check that the correct license has been applied (System, Licenses)

If the service is installed on a remote host, make sure that there is a working network connection.

What needs to do so that DSC and QDS status should change to connected.

I have just installed QlikView Server.

Another Behaviour I have noticed, When I reboot Machine where QlikView & Publisher Servers are installed, Only QlikView Server gets restarted automatically even-though for all the QlikView Servers, setup has been done for automatic restart but it is not happening.

I doubt something missing or need to install? Experts please help

Message was edited by: Shivendoo Kumar

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I got this from help tab:

but it is not given when and why services should be in status disconnected:

Services

On the Services page, an overview of the statuses of the various Windows services is presented.

The statuses of the services are automatically refreshed.

To manage the Windows services, see System Setup.

Service Name

When running a QlikView Server with a QlikView Publisher (QVP) license, the following services will be presented:

•QlikView Management Service (QMS)

•QlikView Directory Service Connector (DSC)

•QlikView Distribution Service (QDS)

•QlikView Server (QVS)

•QlikView Web Server (QVWS)

When running a QlikView Server without a QVP license, the following services will be presented:

•QlikView Management Service (QMS)]

•QlikView Directory Service Connector (DSC)

•QlikView ReloadEngine (not a service)

•QlikView Server (QVS)

•QlikView Web Server (QVWS)

To view the status of a service in the right pane, Messages, click on the service in the left pane.

Running On

Presenting the hosting server name, on which the service is running. If a service is running on multiple servers, the number of servers is presented.

Status

The current status of the service. The possible statuses are the following:

•Running

•Disconnected

•<Number of servers running> of <total number of servers in cluster> running, if one or more servers in the cluster are down (but not all).

Show Alert

To enable the alert function for a service, presenting if the status is 'Disconnected', that is, indicating that the service is down, in the area just above the right pane, tick this check box. To disable the alert function, untick this check box.

The current status messages of the service.

Example 1: The service is running without any reported problems.

Example 2: All services in the cluster are running without any reported problems.