Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bizdebski
Contributor
Contributor

QVW files are getting bigger after partial reload

Hi there,

I have an app which is being fully reloaded at night, then during the day we are having a few partial reloads in order to upload some fresh set of facts. Data model after full refresh is about 685MBs and after Partial reload it is 726MBs. One could say that no wonder - if I'm uploading new data... but the thing is - I'm uploading small portion of data so I'm not expecting such significant change.

What is more I have verified that data model gets increased even if I push the Partial Reload on the same set of data for which the Full Reload ~685MB.

Any ideas why it behaves this way ?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you post your script and / or the document log, so we can see how you perform the partial load using which LOAD prefixes and what the answer from the source is?

Not applicable

Hello, qvw size not only depend on the no of rows in the tables.

bizdebski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi there,

Please find attached QVS and log files responsible for data model.

Just for the record we do have 2 data models files (i'm not sure if this is natural) - one - model.qvw is doing all th stuff, though the data is not concatenated there - this is to speed up the whole process; second one - model_view.qvw (this is the problematic one) which is used for debugging since all data is concatenated there

The attachment contains logs from today morning reload - model_view after full i 715MBs whereas model_view after Partial is 745

I do realize that reviewing this is not going to be easy - but I would be really grateful for any suggestions or hints

Thanks

Bartek

bizdebski
Contributor
Contributor
Author

QlikView1!