Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik View Current Selection and Select Report Performance

Hello All,

Issue 1: Current Selections :For this below ,After selecting check marked red(Current Selections),even though I have selected some study-080007 in filter,I am getting blank

Should we do any coding in report for this ? or should we enable anything in properties?

In development:Under View-> we have  Current Selections already,is there anything we need to activate this?

Issue 2: once selecting  report in drop down,its takes too much time for  only 5-10 rows of data in ACCESS Point,but after development when I check in print preview it’s come in 2-3 seconds.Is there anything publishing or anything we need to do?

Attachments are present in the Document

Please help!!!

7 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

there is some way to hide fields in current selection, example tag and HidePrefix/Suffix

tag Field yourfield with  $hidden;         

set HideSuffix = 'something';

Not applicable
Author

do you have different alternate states selected for the current selections and the selected fields?

can you supply a qvw

Not applicable
Author

does the Study ID field start or end with a special character that could be defined as a hide[prefix or hidesufix

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1) Yes that is right I had a different Alternate State,Now I have corrected to have same State.Now current selections are working.Thank You!!!!!

2) Are there any thoughts why PDF Performance while developing and taking a PRINT PREVIEW is very faster and when comes to ACCESS POINT PDF does not generate at all.Is there any settings we need to change???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not aware of any settings regarding report performance.  If the issue was related to either the data model or the expressions in the object, the bad performance should have been duplicated in your development environment

The development environment is local on your machine so I would expect a better response, but not a difference between the 2 environments based on your description

can you send a qvw with the report having the issue - do all your reports have an issue or just this one? is this the only one?

Also, please mark the response as helpful

Not applicable
Author

glad the alternate state helped

I am not aware of any issue or setting regarding performance for a report.  I would expect it to be a little quikcer in development mode since everything is local on your machine but would not expect the difference to be so drastic..

you can test the report in development mode in web view and see if that has any impace

also look at the service monitor when you reques the report and check the cpu and memory usage

Please mark previous reply as helpful - thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tested other reports in our QA environment ,even those PDF reports are not responding.Hopefully i will move it to Prod and check.

Even I tested with development mode in web view,Its is faster with 2 seconds.

Dont know what exactly is going on in the QA Server where reports are present.